4/15/2011

The Excellence Of The Devoted Life

I love to read biographies. Not only do I simply find PEOPLE interesting but I can learn so much from their lives! I just finished a biography about the life of Robert Jaffray, a missionary to China of several decades ago.  The author of this book is one of my favorites. He writes in a way that flows smoothly, looks at things from a different angle and holds the reader's attention. Here is an excerpt from this book:
"The life of a consecrated man is never his own. To sit back in selfish composure and plan his future is never given to him once he has made the great committal. He is at the call of Another, and at any time he may receive orders to pick up and move on. This is one of the penalties he must pay for the high privilege of serving God, and if seen from a low point of view it looks like a hard and unsatisfatory way to live.
But the truest appraisal of a way of life is always made from the end of our days. Who that has placed himself at the disposal of God and the human race has ever been sorry at the end of his life that he did so? Not one, and that is the best argument for the excellence of the devoted life."
(A. W. Tozer-"Let My People Go")

"What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."
(I Corinthians 6: 19, 20)

1 comment:

  1. Tozer--one of my very favorite authors.
    --Jonna

    ReplyDelete