9/13/2011

Show-Off Time!

Some of you will remember my post about the "thirty orchids-in-waiting". Well, it's time to show you the result...

There were really 31 buds but 2 were deformed (or eaten by bugs) so that left 29. They began to open up just a very few days after I announced them so I have been enjoying them for almost a month! I felt like I was
receiving a lovely gift every time one of them opened.

I must say that I was, um, humbled maybe? when I passed another house this week and saw that they had this same type of orchid on their porch and there must have been at least 100 on their plant! I almost stopped to ask if I could take a picture of it and...had they counted theirs? But I didn't.

Without further explanation, I will just post several photos. Yes, yes, I took pictures from every angle and distance and with various amounts of light. Couldn't get enough of these beauties and I do believe our computer is about to explode. What fun, huh?
                         (pssst! Don't forget to click on each photo to see their maximum beauty!)






"He hath made His wonderful works to be remembered:
the Lord is gracious and full of compassion."
((Psalm 111:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment