6/14/2010

Prayer

As I was talking to the Lord yesterday concerning a certain problem, I was reminded for the umpteenth time in my life about the importance of prayer. As the beloved hymn says, "What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer".

I'll be the first to admit that my prayer life isn't as strong as it should be. But, oh, how precious is this privilege! It isn't something to take for granted or to "use" just when we're in trouble. Prayer is an intimate form of communion with our Saviour and Friend, the Lord Jesus Christ. How He waits and longs to have us come to Him. "Talk to Me", I often hear Him say, "I want some time alone with you".


We do not have to have an image in front of us, or something in our hands, or talk to some saint in hopes that they will relay our message. No, NO! We can boldly and confidently go into His presence and bare our hearts before Him. And Who better than the Holy Spirit to intercede for us?! We have no other, we need no other, there IS no other that can hear us and meet our needs...than the Lord. I'll have you know that that's grounds for gettin' excited!


 "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

1 comment:

  1. "Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?..."

    Thinking of you today my friend. Lifting you up to the Most High.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete