8/06/2010

Warmth

During these days of record-breaking cold here in our area of south Brazil I have been reminded many times to be thankful for having at least a house to live in, warm clothes to wear and a small fireplace in our living-room....things which the homeless or poor do not have. Although it seemed that we got a chill in our bones that would linger for a bit too long, I tried to maintain a spirit of thankfulness to the One who cares for His own. In addtion to these physical blessings there is also the warmth of His presence...

I remember in Nov '06 when I found out that I had cancer. The next morning I took my cup of coffee and sat down on the outside steps to contemplate His plan for my life...or death. Although the temperature was hovering around freezing, I did not notice the cold. His presence with me, His promises to me from His Word and thoughts with which He filled my mind and blessed my soul...well, they warmed me inside and out! I often remember those miraculous moments and give Him thanks.

"And He said, My presence shall go with thee..."-Exodus 34:1 "For the Lord God is a sun and shield...Psalm 84:11

No comments:

Post a Comment