5/08/2011

Motherhood

What is it about mothers? The person that she becomes at the birth of her first child, the emotions that well up within her at the sight, thought or mention of her children, the satisfaction she has when she has "finished" her work of rearing her children...nothing compares to this, no one else experiences this, nowhere will you find its equal.

For sure, fathers have their own thoughts and feelings as they consider their offspring. But they are obviously different for they have a different relationship as well as different responsibilities in regards to their children. I don't know...I'm just expressing my thoughts here. I'm trying to figure out the grandeur of being a mother, why Mother's Day is SO celebrated or why there is this mysterious bond between a mother and her child.

The photo above is of my mother-as a baby and as a great-grandmother. I'm sure that baby never dreamed that one day she would have so many offspring, people that would bring multiplied blessings to her!

Of all the things that I have done in life, none have given me such great joy and satisfaction and completeness as that of being a mother. Thank You, Lord, for giving me my mother and for making me a mother. There are no words to adequately express my gratitude. I'm thankful that You know my heart.

"Honor thy father and thy mother; that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee." (Exodus 20:12)

1 comment:

  1. Loved your Mother's Day post and the photos. I'm grateful that you were available to help me a few years back when my last was born!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete