11/05/2011

Miscellaneous Moments


These days are rather busy for us as we prepare to travel to our homeland for a year of furlough. So much to do, so little time. However, I've been amazed (cough, cough) at how I seem to have time for other things. I mean, should I really be taking the time to make a bookmark out of 3 things that I found and couldn't bear to part with? A rectangle of cardboard with rounded corners, a paper with a 5-line quote, a pretty picture that I'd torn out of a magazine who-knows-when. It made a very lovely bookmark, in my opinion. Anyone need a bookmark?

Our lives are made up of moments, moments of every shape, color and flavor. God, in His grace, mercy and love gives us these-to do, to speak, to think, to be and...to notice.

In my "spare" moments recently, I have noticed different things which prompted me to take a picture so that I could record it "forever".

Here are a few of them...
                       The reflection of the basketball backboard behind the drops of water on top of the car.

Morgan soaking in some morning sunshine.


Bubbles that I (yes, I) was blowing. I'd found the little bubble-blowing bottle left from a daughter's wedding of over 9 years ago...

The moon. Need I say more?

Three vultures flying high. Did you know that vultures are graceful?

And every sunny morning I notice the bright colors of the green cedar and pink rose as the first rays of sun hit them. I'm restraining myself by only posting ONE of the several pics I've taken of this one scene, I want you to know. For some reason, I seem to think that I'll get a better photo and truly capture what it really looks like. Crazy, no? But beautiful, yes!

I can't speak of "moments" without thinking of the hymn "Moment By Moment":

Moment by moment I’m kept in His love;
Moment by moment I’ve life from above;
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine;
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.
                                 -Daniel W. Whittle

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts! We should consider more our precious moments and not waste them idly!

    ReplyDelete