3/29/2012

The Blush Of Spring

I have been blessed beyond measure to indulge in the beauty of my very favorite season of the year: Spring. It has been 11 years since I was able to do this. To be fair, I did see some of Spring '07 but I did not notice or remember it as I was going through the final months of chemo at the time.

Even as I type this I can hear my daily visitor, the cardinal, and I would love to post yet another picture of him but I'll save that for a later date when I plan to talk more about my feathered friends.
As we made a trip last week to the neighboring state of Tennessee it was quite interesting to notice the different stages of Spring. From the slightly green landscape and certain flowering trees of North Carolina...

to the higher altitudes of the Great Smokey Mountains where all was still mostly bare and gray...

 to the lovely lush and flowering Tennessee Valley which shouted "hey, it's already Springtime!"...

 and then back to North Carolina which had been painted green during our absence...

...I was overcome with the beautiful and creative power of our Creator. Here are a few more pics which show the blush of Spring over the past few weeks. Green, white and pink are definitely the dominant colors. Oh, but there are other colors, I'm just not showing them yet. ;)








(You might have to click on this to notice the green buds!)

For lo, the winter is past,
the rain is over and gone. 
The flowers appear on the earth;
the time of the singing of birds is come,
and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.
(KJ21 Song of Solomon 2:11,12)

No comments:

Post a Comment