5/31/2012

Restless Legs Syndrome

RLS...It's what some people suffer with, especially at night. Once in awhile I do, too, but it used to be more often, not a pleasant thing to experience. Simply put, it's bad circulation in your legs that makes you feel the need to move them. In fact, moving them is the only relief you can usually get. Lest you think that I consider this to be a blessing, let me assure you that I haven't arrived yet at that point. But today I was thinking about this and comparing it to how we can feel restless in emotional, mental or even spiritual ways. 

I know that there have been times when I have felt so restless that I knew I HAD to move myself out of the house and go find someone to witness to or at least give a Gospel tract to. Sometimes the need is just for a change of scenery to clear my heart and mind, to breathe fresh air, to get a new perspective on things. To get some circulation going, if you will.

I believe that God puts spiritual restlessness in us when He wants us to get moving, when He has something He wants us to do. There's only one cure for such restlessness and that's OBEDIENCE. When we obey Him we will start moving. The relief is wonderful, I can assure you. In this sense, restless legs (or hands or mind or heart...) can be a blessing!
I wonder if this bird has RLS? :)

But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you. (Jeremiah 7:23)

1 comment:

  1. appreciate the reminder, Rena. My legs get restless once in awhile but for different reasons. Often it is a need to get up and get some exercise after sitting for way too long. Hugs to you, girlfriend!

    Vicki Reiner
    http://www.inafarplace.com

    ReplyDelete