3/04/2011

Observing The Weather

To give you a break from flowers...

Some of you know that I like to observe the weather. Nothing compared to how a certain brother of mine is, I'll have you know, but the temperature, precipitation, clouds, wind, storms...wow, what a fantastic demonstration of God's creative power!


My Dad used to go outside during storms and just admire the wind and lightning and rain...and we were right there by his side, learning to do the same. Only many years later did I discover that my mother had a certain fear of storms but she somehow managed to hide that fact from us. She said she didn't want us to develop that fear, too. What a wonderful Mom!

For those of you who also enjoy weather, here is a little "thingie" that shows our current weather as well as the forecast for the next few days...for what it's worth.



"Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did He
 in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.
He causeth the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth;
He maketh lightnings for the rain;
He bringeth the wind out of His treasuries."
(Psalm 135: 6,7)

1 comment:

  1. I definitely inherited the love of weather from you. I don't necessarily care about the temperature, but I love observing precipitation and cloud coverage. When you were talking about Grandpa standing and observing storms, I was like, "That's like me!" I love the summer storms we get late at night...I'll go sit outside in the dark on our porch and just listen and watch. Or if it's a storm during the colder months, I just press my face against the window and just watch. To me, it has a calming effect. Job 36:27-37:16 is a great "weather passage." I read it recently and marked it in my Bible.
    --Jonna

    ReplyDelete