6/05/2011

Eternity In Their Heart

I read a book by this title once and recently this phrase, found in some of the translations of Ecclesiastes 3:11, has been coming back to mind. It tells me that God has put into the heart of every human being a hunger for spiritual and eternal things-for Him, His Word, His love, His salvation...those things that only HE can provide.


Recently we have entered into some of the grief of people losing loved ones or going through some other painful life experince. I believe that the main purpose of many of these is so that people will turn their hearts toward Him. HE is the one who puts "eternity in their heart"! However, sometimes He speaks to us with a softer voice...such as when we see the crazy, little, intricate design of an orchid, such as this one that I saw this week. How can one look at it and not think, "Wow, what a Creator to make something like this!"

Why don't we listen when God turns our hearts to Him and speaks to us through these? What a blessing to have these prods from Him! They all cause us to "stop, look and listen" to Him. We need to do that...whether He speaks with a soft or a loud voice.

"He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart..." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)-NASB

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is." (Psalm 63:1)

 "...and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth." (I Samuel 3:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment