1/01/2012

A Better View For The New Year

Someone needs to reward me. I went 20 days without a camera. Not on purpose, mind you! No, I've tried going just a few days without and it just doesn't work. This time it was of necessity because I did not own a working camera. But my DH and kids came to the rescue, they gave me a new camera for Christmas!

And so now I am one happy camper as of 6 days ago. Not that I wasn't happy but I am definitely happiER!

So here is the first picture I took with my new camera. In my excitement I wasn't holding it very still but, even then, managed to get a decent photo. What a great camera to cooperate like that!

On the next day I took this one. Do you get the idea that I like taking pictures of birds? Indeed, I do.
               I've taken many Christmas photos...thinking of the fotocards I can make in about 11 months. This was an artificial tree borrowed from a daughter. She said the angel on top was my mom's...which suddenly gave it great value in my eyes.
So, photographically speaking, in starting out this New Year I definitely have a better view of things! But my desire and prayer is that spiritually I will, too. As I look to Him and His Word I believe that I will have that. He helps me to see things clearly and in a more beautiful way. The lens of His camera, if you'll give me permission to describe it that way, will certainly give me pictures of high resolution.

"Open Thou mine eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law." (Psalm 119:18)

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer." (Psalm 19:14)

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love the picture of the bird by that little metal thing (not sure what it is).

    Jonna

    ReplyDelete