1/27/2012

Taste Test

A grandson eating his lunch at our house. Let me assure you, he found
that little bowl of food to be very good!
I was noticing my "viewers" number  reaching 5000 this week and thought that I'd like to post something to celebrate that. Well, this doesn't really have much or anything to do with that-but then maybe it does. You can decide...

The past few days I've been battling a royal cold (my first in perhaps 7 years!). Today I'm finally seeing some improvement but not without first experiencing that stage of not being able to taste. My husband thinks that's strange since he's never been blessed by the absence of this (not fair, I say!), but...well, that's beside the point.
My 2 favorite Brazilian desserts. Only by tasting them will you
ever know how heavenly they are!
Now those of you who have experienced this know that your motivation for eating goes down quite a bit...which I realize CAN be a good thing. But when you're hungry it's NOT!

Where am I going with this? Well, it reminds me of that wonderful verse in Psalm 34:8 which says "Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." If we don't taste the food, we don't know what it tastes like. If we don't taste (trust) the Lord, we won't know how good He is.

I'm sure there's always room for my trust in the Lord to grow, but the bit that I've done during my life has been more than rewarded! "The Lord is good" is not just a trite statement. It's the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment