9/11/2012

Have You Watched the Fairies?

When I was in grade school I had a teacher who often required me to memorize poems. The following is one from which I still often remember some of the lines (not that I believe in fairies, of course)...
A "fairy".

Have You Watched the Fairies?

Have you watched the fairies
when the rain is done,
Spreading out their little
wings to dry them in
the sun?
I have, I have!
Isn't it fun?

Have you heard the fairies
A diamond in the center of my Rainbow Plant...
all among the limes
Singing little fairy tunes
to little fairy rhymes?
I have, I have,
Lots and lots of times!

Have you seen the fairies
dancing in the air
And dashing off behind the stars
to tidy up their hair?
I have, I have,
I've been there!
               -Rose Fyleman

The past few mornings when I was taking pictures in the sunny, dewy outdoors, I thought of this poem. See if you can understand why...


From a distance, one would never dream that this simple flower held such breathtaking loveliness. In reality,
it's only about one inch across.

I just can't get over how beautiful this looks with the teeny drops of water...
T
 
I never tire of trying to capture the full beauty of drops of water on leaves. Haven't quite succeeded yet.

 
This picture gives me the warm fuzzies. :)
> One cannot know the beauty of the tiny details unless he looks really closely! So much for calling it the humble weed!
Que nada!

Spider webs with drops of water are TOO beautiful for words. I should have saved this pic for a later post just about webs but I couldn't resist putting it here. How cute wouldn't this be for a fairy's house (without Miss Spider, of course)?!
Did I already say I love drops of water??
 
Aren't the delicate, intricate, tiny details SO amazing? Makes me smile and look up to my Creator and say "I LOVE YOU!!". I believe that only the eyes of His children can truly notice, admire and appreciate these things more than anyone else can.

Have YOU watched the "fairies" where you live??

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." (I Corinthians 2:9)

"Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law." (Psalm 119:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment