11/13/2012

Wooden Roses

In trying to focus in on some beauty around me, I decided to give these wooden roses a photo session. They got it for free so I heard no complaints, they were such willing and cooperative subjects. The sun also worked well with me, giving the natural light that is seen in these photos. Apart from the black & white one and another "warmified" one, they are all pretty much their natural color.
 
These roses were given to me by a brother-in-law (Thank you, B!). Please scroll down and enjoy the following 23 photos of my wooden roses.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The photo above and the one below are my favorites.
 

2 comments:

  1. These are quite striking Rena, especially those photographed against the black. I also love the backlit ones too. Photography can be such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In answer to your question about my strip quilt - yes it is very quick to piece a top this way, once you've worked out your combinations. By keeping the quilt width to the same as the fabric you can make a small bed topper of a comfy lap quilt. I've made three like this where I thought it best suited the prints.

    ReplyDelete