1/02/2010

God's Word, the Bible


The gifts of God are too many to name but His Word is definitely one of them! What power it has, what comfort it brings, what lessons it teaches, what guidance it gives...there is no limit to what it can do and be in our lives. Those who know, believe, love and obey God will know, believe, love and obey His Word, too. They go hand in hand, you cannot have one without the other. God's Word is truth and nothing needs to be added to or taken from it. He has said it, I believe it, that settles it...as the old song says. There have been times in my life when a Scripture verse was my main source of strength and comfort to carry me through a difficult time. There have been other times when it was the reason for my joy as it called to my attention certain blessings from Him. I cannot live without His Word and I really don't know how I would react to a situation where I did not have it available at my side. Lord, I love Your Word! Help me to always hide it in my heart, practice it in my life and to do my best to make sure that those around me know and love it, too.

"Sanctify them through Thy truth; Thy Word is truth." (John 17:17)

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean...and I cry for joy at the thought of God revealing Himself to us through His Word. Mind-boggling! Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete