1/18/2010

Morning

I am a morning person...after I have my coffee, that is! But, coffee or not, I just love those early morning hours when the air is fresh, the day is new and those first rays of sun are gently warm-no matter the climate you live in. It's also in the morning when I feel most motivated, ideas tend to come to my brain and I feel like I could conquer the world with my burst of courage! Have you ever watched a sunrise? It is a thing of glory and beauty-a bit of a different flavor than a sunset. One is a beginning, the other is an end. But both are worthy of-you guessed it-reaching for my camera so that I can savor the moment again in the future. Have you ever heard the song, "Morning Has Broken"? I love it, because the words and the music captures some of the essence of what I am trying to say here.

Morning has broken, like the first morning. Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird. Praise for the singing, praise for the morning, Praise for them springing fresh from the Word.

Thank You, Lord, for the gift of morning!

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet friend...a couple years ago I burned the top half of my right index finger...just under the fingernail. I did it with a glue gun and I was in horrible pain. One little spot and it took weeks to heal. I now have a nice scar to remind me to be more careful. I'm also thankful that the burn was only the size of a pencil eraser. Sure did make me more compassionate for those who are REALLY hurting.

    Blessings to you. Sweet post~

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete