6/13/2012

The Bible: A Challenge To The Skeptic

The Bible is often under attack. Many times throughtout history men and nations have tried to destroy it. But since God has said that His Word will never pass away(although everything else will) we know that it is our ultimate authority. Unfortunately and unhappily, the Bible is not seen as that authority by many people, churches and other institutions today. I know that God is in control of His own Word so I really don't worry about this but it does bother me somewhat when people say that we cannot have the Bible as our sole authority. For now, I would just like to leave the skeptics an interesting link. Just click on link.

A beautiful hymn from my childhood now comes to mind...
THE BIBLE STANDS
The Bible stands like a rock undaunted
’Mid the raging storms of time;
Its pages burn with the truth eternal,
And they glow with a light sublime.


The Bible stands like a mountain towering
Far above the works of men;
Its truth by none ever was refuted,
And destroy it they never can.

The Bible stands and it will forever,
When the world has passed away;
By inspiration it has been given,
All its precepts I will obey.

The Bible stands every test we give it,
For its Author is divine;
By grace alone I expect to live it,
And to prove and to make it mine.

Chorus

The Bible stands though the hills may tumble,
It will firmly stand when the earth shall crumble;
I will plant my feet on its firm foundation,
For the Bible stands.
                                                                                            -Haldor Lillenas



"Forever, O Lord, Thy Word is settled in heaven." (Psalm 119:89)

No comments:

Post a Comment