6/22/2012

First Day Of Summer

As I write this it is June 20th, the first day of summer in the Northern Hemisphere. Coincidentally, it was the warmest day of the year so far for us (and the day after was even warmer!) and we are enjoying it in a Christian summer camp. It began with the flag-raising at 7:30 as the sun showed itself over the buildings...

The cross on the hill was always so beautiful, I couldn't seem to take enough pictures of it
as the light hit it from different angles.
Soco, the camp director's dog, enjoying a morning sunbath.
Never heard him bark once, a gentle fellow.
I just love the late afternoon sun hours to take pictures. This is of a young tree
 of an unknown identification...at least by me.

I love the sight, sound and feel (ice cold!) of this babbling brook that runs through the camp property.
    There are beautiful lawns there with a few cultivated flowers. And I think
 I managed to take pictures of about 99% of them, ha!
Ok, we need a closer look at those lovely little lavender hostias...

                                            Water. What greater joy for a boy is there?!
"Daisy, daisy, give me your answer do, I'm half crazy all for the love of you..."
                    I love this shot of a couple of the younger girls playing in a sandbox. Sigh...
"The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun
unto the going down thereof." (Psalm 50:1)  
"The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun." (Psalm 74:16)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Rena for sharing. It brings back happy memories of our time spent there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. :) It was soothing.
    Jonna

    ReplyDelete