12/02/2012

Pretty Pansies

 

 

PANSY
Round, joker faces that dance with the moon,
Lilting and tilting a flower song tune.
Warm summer sunbeams captured for all,
By round little flowers, so sweet and so small.
Bright pansy colors, a study in light,
Reflecting the moonbeams that dance in the night.
                                           -unknown author
_______________________________________
So it's that time of year again when pansies thrive. Cold wind, frost and snow doesn't seem to faze them in the least. In fact, it seems I hear them saying "Bring on the cold weather! We love it!"

So I bought these indigo-colored big pansies (seen above), placed them in the two pots at the end of the front steps and now rest assured that they will still be blooming throughout the next several cold months (although I won't be staying around to see that). Then a few days ago a daughter bought an assortment of plants...



...and told me I could plant some of the pansies. These are smaller but, oh, so stinkin' CUTE! Some of them have little ruffly edges. How gorgeous is that?! These smaller ones are sometimes called violas but they are both from the same family (or genus for you botanists).
So I picked out four plants and placed them in the basket that hangs on the front porch (remember my petunias from this post?)...


Out with the old, in with the new.
 
Frost in the background. I told ya'!
 
Besides these "red" ones, there are also blue and yellow ones in this crop.
I'm all about close-ups.
 

Did someone say close-ups? Look at that precious fuzziness. Look at those colors!
 
Even the underside is lovely with the sun shining through as she faces the sun.

No matter which color, size or angle you look at, these pansies are a thing of beauty. When the cold winds blow, they shine and are strong. I would like my life to be like that. That "no matter what", people will see beauty and light and strength. Because of Him.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:17)

2 comments:

  1. Twoje bratki są śliczne. Bardzo lubię te kwiatki, bo mają wiele kolorów i długo kwitną. Pozdrawiam.
    Your pansies are beautiful. I like the flowers, because they have a lot of color and long bloom. Yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pansies. The close-ups are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete