9/22/2010

Primavera!

That means Spring here in south Brazil. She was gracious on her first day here with us, giving us sunshine and gentle breezes...a bit unlike the preceeding days. I love Spring, whether here or in my beloved North Carolina. The bursting forth of new life or the promise of it is something that warms the heart and soul and is a delight to the eyes. The colors of varied types of flowers would put Crayola crayons to shame.
I will be posting more of my flower photos over the next month, I'm sure, but for now here are two of my roses-

The last rose of winter...










...and the first
rose(bud) of Spring.







I leave you with this beautiful Biblical description
of this most lovely of seasons:

"For, lo, the winter is past;
The rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of the singing of birds is come,
And the voice of the turtle-dove is heard in our land; The fig-tree ripeneth her green figs,
And the vines are in blossom;
They give forth their fragrance.
Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away."
(Song of Solomon 2:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment